12 Sept 2013

A Quick Update - Talking Heart-to-Heart


 HI!

I haven't been very active on my blog lately, I haven't posted articles as much as I wanted to do, it's not going as I had it planned in my mind and my project has slowed down quite a bit.
Unfortunate circumstances in my life are causing the annoying delay of this project as well as other and everything it's not as I intended it to be.
During the last few months I've been struggling with my health, I have been away from my job for already five months now and I won't be able to come back to it for a while, this blog has been created for many reasons, the first is surely, as I've always said, and as specified on my profile, to share my experiences and promote the use of eco-friendly menstrual products and talk about the benefits I achieved by using them, I'm very passionate about everything related to the feminine universe and all things that allows me to lead a more sustainable life; the second reason for giving birth to this blog (which is my first ever-I'm amazed myself!) is more personal. 


When I switched to menstrual cups I did it purely out of curiosity and because I've always felt very much for the environment, I wasn't thinking about health and comfort and avoiding the chemicals contained in the disposables, anyway I fell in love right away with cups so much that I started googling and searching about them to know more, then I went out promoting this amazing discovery everywhere, fairs, markets, I started holding meetings with friends and friends of friends, it was hard because where I live in the North East of England reusable menstrual products are not as widespread as you'd expect, but it was great fun too!

Then after few months I started feeling poorly, I wasn't able to go to work and soon enough I couldn't even get out of my bed most of the time so the idea of the blog it seemed to me only logical to me.
I'm really glad of my choice as it gave me something new to concentrate myself on those days when you do feel better but you feel ever so bored, building it and starting to write the first posts really helped me going, the support of everyone who believed in me has been vital, people are showing it in different ways, those closest to me as well as those supporting me through the social networks, all the lovely people that agreed on sending me material to review for the blog, they all gave me great motivation and help beyond they'll ever know. Thank you to them all!

    

So... all this blabbing about and all I wanted to say is that I'm going to start posting on the blog again and I'm ever so excited!
I've got many reviews planned, not only about menstrual products but also natural, eco and vegan-friendly, and I'm thinking to host some giveaways too, fingers crossed!






Thank you again to everyone who's supporting me and to whoever will choose to follow me on my adventure! 

Thank you all Sisters! ♀ 


N.A. 

1 comment:

  1. che succede Nadiè? me fai preoccupà! perchè non hai detto niente di là? tepossino! posso fà qualcosa? (no, in inglese non lo so scrivere, sorry)

    ReplyDelete