31 Jul 2014

Lady Days Cloth Pads - 7.5" Special Edition











Hi there! This review is going to be short and sweet as the pretty liner I'm going to talk to you about. 

About a two months ago I made my first purchase on the Lady Days Cloth Pads website, I had my eyes on Lady Days Cloth Pads for a long time and when the new Special Edition pads were launched I knew it was time for an addition to my stash. 


I'm mainly a cup user and for this reason my cloth pads stash consists mostly of short regular pads and liners, also I'm a smurf-sized woman and not an heavy bleeder at all, therefore I don't really need super long pads, a 10" is enough for my needs so you will never see any mammoth size pads in my collection. 

I'm telling you this because at first the special edition pads were available only in larger sizes so I contacted Helen, the lovely lady behind Lady Days Cloth Pads, she also asked if I wanted a layer of zorb in it  to add more absorbency and I thought it was a great idea,i  love having a small pad that can offer confidence and discretion at the same time. 

  
So i got my lovely 7.5" Special edition Lady Days Cloth Pads small pad topped with a super soft purple and aqua hand dyed organic bamboo velour :) 



(apologize for the pics on this post, the weather didn't help at all on the last couple of days, I'll eventually replace them asap)




It arrived only a few days after I placed my order, it is true that the store is located close to where I live here in North Yorkshire but taken together the manufacturing time and shipping were super fast, if I remember correctly it only took like three o four days since I contacted Helen to when I got the pad. Super fast indeed!



The pad arrived in a very discreet envelope with not reference whatsoever to pads, menstruation and stuff like that; it was wrapped in white tissue paper together with a very detailed caring instructions card. 


All the pads by Lady Days Cloth Pads arrive with the business card tied to the pad which is something very unique. This little card tells you exactly what the pads is made of and explains how to take care of it, it also act as a sort of "guarantee seal" that proves that the pad is undoubtedly new, personally I find it a lovely touch. 






Here's few info about this small beauty:

  • Top layer           Hand Dyed Organic Bamboo Velour 
  • Core                  Zorb and Bamboo Fleece - 1 layer (on custom order)
  • Bottom layer      High Quality Fleece 
  • Plastic resin poppers   2 

This liner/pad is 7.5" long and 3" wide, 2.5" when snapped. 
As specified above this special liner/pad has one layer of Zorb which makes it capable to handle a regular flow despite being, however, quite trim





The wings are quite wide for a panty liner and I have to say that I really like this aspect because they offer extra coverage on the sides in case you need it. 



The one thing I really love about this small pad is the OBV top layer. Oh my God! How soft and comfy! I love that silky-feeling typical of the bamboo, those of you who owns something made of bamboo know exactly what I mean. OBV is perfect for those who love the soft plush feel of a minky topped pad but cannot stand the warmth of it or don't care for synthetic fibers. 

I tryed different kind OBV and I can honestly say that this one is one of the best I tryed if not THE best. You can tell that Helen really cares for the quality of her products, her stitching is immaculate and the fabrics are tiptop. 





                Here's the pad snapped 


On top of the quality of the product her customer service is flawless, Helen is quick and efficient and she does everything possible to please her customers. 


I have to say that I hesitated to use this pad as the candid white worried me a little (tbh I always find hard to use the prettiest pads, I bet some of you can relate LOL) however staining wasn't an issue as the top layer and the core are thirsty enough to adsorb all that needed while the slight smudges on the wings have come off easily. 


This little pad has became one of my favourite, being so small but nevertheless so reliable this is the perfect pad to carry out and about in case you need either a liner or an emergency pad. 
Look how compact it is! (and keep in mind that that one is a 2.5" lighter)   









I'll definitely buy again from Lady Day Cloth Pads and I'd recommend it to everyone, not only sells pads but several other products such as wetbags, breast pads, wipes, burp cloths, changing mats and more. 
You can have a glimpse of the products made by Helen on her Website 






Disclaimer: I haven't been paid for this review, I purchased the pad myself and the opinions about the product are my own and based on my personal experience. 




14 comments:

  1. I love my Lady Days :-) They make that time of the month so much better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the fact of the bigger wings since I'm a bigger girl and usually leak. These pads are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. None yet, but they're just so cute I'm going to have to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lady day pantyliner. I love it it always makes me smile to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look wonderful! One way or another, I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. not yet, but its on my list to buy soon

    christy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't sure that lady days pads would work for me, but I love the look of this special addition pad. Very tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love lady days pads. The quality of the stitching is 100% faultless/perfect, and they are a really lovely shape.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have become a cup user in recent months and am so happy to use cloth pads and pantyliners when I need them. It sounds like I have discovered the best, yet, though and I would love to try Lady Days pads. (I am in Canada and hadn't heard of them before today!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have any but am dying to try them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ximena Rodriguez4 August 2014 at 13:36

    I don't own any LD pads. reusable menstrual pads > disposable pads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gabrielle Dennison6 August 2014 at 20:42

    I don't have any LD pads, but reading your review of this pad (maker) I really want to try them now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these look fantastic. would love to try them out. thanks for the review. my sister swears by cloth pads and I cloth diaper my baby, so why not me?

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful I only own 1 cloth pad and it is from glad rags and I am not happy with it so I am looking to try more.

    ReplyDelete