11 May 2014

Pretty Eco Intimates - My Review



Pretty Eco Intimates cloth pads are prettier, more comfortable, cooler, healthier, affordable and economical as well as environmentally friendly. I use quality materials to ensure they are long lasting, practical, durable and comfortable.   Natalia MacIntyre. 


Towards the end of December I was lucky enough to win a custom pad by Pretty Eco Intimates  (aka PEI) entering a multi vendors Christmas trivia contest on Facebook, I can still remember the question that brought me to win the prize: "list the names of Santa's reindeer" LOL   
It was a lovely Christmas present because I had my eyes on PEI for a while and having the opportunity to customise the pad has made the winning even more special. 
I chose a 9 inch moderate in a beautiful trees and birds print cotton print but I also asked the owner, Natalia, if she could have made an extra panty liner (which of course I paid for), she kindly agreed so I got a small liner to use for backup to menstrual cups.
These are the pads that I got:


      Summer Song 9" moderate and Geekly Chiq on black 6" Itty Bitty liner

                                 


When I got in touch with Natalia I immediately noticed what a nice person she is, then after few weeks I couldn't believe it when I received an email saying that I was the (very) lucky winner of two PEI pads! Amazingly I won one more contest, this time a giveaway hosted by Laura of Mama Pure blog  and the prize were two 10 inch heavy pads and again I got the opportunity to pick the prints/fabrics I like the most. 


Yes, I must be on a winning roll :) (I'm don't even want to say out loud though LOL) but that's the thing: Natalia is always very keen to  offer her fabulous creations for contests and giveaways so the chance you can grab one are very high.  


That's how Natalia is though: a kind, helpful and accommodating lady, she's a pleasure to deal with, and this is for me a big yes when looking for a vendor, it's not only about pretty things in my opinion but it's also supporting a worthy person/business. 

  
For my second winning I told Natalia I'd have preferred to get one heavy and one moderate and again she said it was fine. 
At that point Pretty Eco Intimates had a even wider choice of prints to choose from, so after having spent a whole week browsing the impressive Custom Fabric Gallery  on the website and even getting my partner involved - bless him! - we finally picked these two prints:



           Sushi-10" moderate and Dragonfly Red Stained Glass -10" heavy 

                       (image credit: Pretty Eco Intimates)


Since I got the pads the variety of prints available is even wider and makes you want to get tons of fluff! By the way, I choose the Sushi fabric and the Dragonfly Red Stained Glass is the one my partner picked. He has good taste, I know ;) 

Both parcels arrived very quickly, even though the first shipment has happened during the holiday season the parcel has arrived in about 10/12 days, while the second one took less than a week to arrive from Prince Edward Island to Britain which is more than a reasonable time. 
The following pic shows the second package I received but then I'm showing you all the PEI pads I own. 










All Pretty Eco Intimates pads have an inner core of organic bamboo/hemp fleece and are backed with micro-fleece which is water resistant therefore protects against eventual leaks, the snaps are in poly resin applied with KAM snap pliers. My PEI pads are all 100% cotton topped but you can choose also flannel and cotton, as I said you are spoiled for choices. 


The smaller pad Natalia make is the 6 inch Itty Bitty liner, it's super trim, once snapped it's 2.5" at its widest and 2.1" at its narrower, perfect for petite ladies, this is one of my favourite liners ever, you can't even tell that you are wearing it as it's so thin and comfy! I love it, it's perfect either for everyday use and as back up for menstrual cups or sponges.






My other PEI pads are 9" and 10" moderate which have one layer of bamboo/hemp fleece and a 10" heavy which contain two layers. Two layers are enough if your period is generous and keep the pad very trim, as you can see in the pic on the left the last pad in blue is the 10" heavy and is VERY thin for an heavy pad! The core is highly absorbent, and a moderate in my case works great for good part of my period, that's why I specifically asked to have a 10" mod although it may sound unusual. 






As I said PEI pads are very trim and work great for small sizes, the all come with two snaps, all my pads once snapped are 2.5" or 2.1".
They are very neatly topstitched and the quilting works great to direct the flow. By the way the quilted side is the one that goes next to the skin (I had already people asking me about it). 




About Pretty Eco Intimates 

Natalia as I told you before is a really nice lady, she's a stay-at-home mom and entrepreneur, she's very down-to-earth and has always had a great passion for the environment, so after cloth diapering her gorgeous little girl Eden (love that name!) she was inspired to try cloth pads and then decided to open her little shop. Thanks God I say! Quickly enough her brand became a very well known name and a favourite of many cloth pads lovers, definitely a favourite of mine too. 


I will definitely buy again from Natalia, my experience with her pads is great, they work very well and they are extremely comfortable, that's their main feature in my opinion besides being SO pretty! 
Just in case you need an extra reason to get some PEI pads you should know then that all the customers get a 10% discount on the next purchase.




You can see and buy Natalia's creations through Pretty Eco intimates website , she also makes pad wrappers, menstrual cup bags and coasters. 






Disclaimer: I haven't been paid for this review, I won some of the pads on a giveaway and purchased the other. All the opinions about the product are my own and based on my personal experience, I wasn't required in any way to provide a positive review. 



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you love the PEI pads! I think they work really well and they come in such great prints, I love all the ones that you chose. Natalia is great to work with, she really wants her customers to be happy and creates a great product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a few pei in a destash that I love. I have that stained glass print in a liner! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was recently introduced to Natalia and I think she has a winning personality. I did not know her pads were so gorgeous! She's really talented!:-)

    ReplyDelete